Welcome Eternity.

Moderators: Pierre, Moderators, Harry's Angels

Re: Welcome Eternity.

Postby Katie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:03 pm

As you all probably know, I am offline at home so taking this opportunity of having a quick squiz at the MB on Alan's computer before he confiscates his pc from me (again).

Just to say welcome to you Mike/Eternity. I regret I didn't have my picture took with you and Mavis (what a handsome couple you are - would have upped my street cred). However we had some nice chats at breakfast on a couple of days - I'm the lady from the Old Kent Road. I'm so glad you did start posting on here (as I encouraged you to :wink: so I take full credit), and hope we can hear from you lots more times. It's true Mike - the more you type, the easier it gets. I learned to type from typing envelopes in my first job - I hadn't touched a typewriter before then having done a course in fine art (not much help in an office environment). But eventually I became a legal secretary - and it all started with those wretched envelopes! Well, I didn't intend to tell everyone my WHOLE life story so once again, welcome to you (can you get Mavis on here as well do you think? - that would be excellent). Love katie x
Forgiveness is a funny thing; it warms the heart, and cools the sting.
Katie
Megaposter

Postby eternity » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:23 pm

thank you we had some lovely chats at breakfast thank you for remembering mavis and me.i hope to see you both at mill hill if your going .i think some people are going to the statue instead i really hope we have a do next year and everyone meets up again .mike roche.
eternity

Postby Jan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:47 pm

It was quite a spooky weekend in more ways than one Moya as out of the blue - ('cos I wasn't working) I picked up Mavis's nan in spirit who came through on a mother link. She passed in January this year so it was all very emotional. Not only that - the evidence and messages for Mavis were out of this world. :shock:

So a wonderful weekend in more ways than one :)

I didn't know you had links with the Old Kent Road Katie :shock: I worked there in a place called Sambo Fashions :D It wouldn't be politically correct to call it that now :oops:

I can't remember the year unless I look it up on the internet but Del Shannon's runaway was in the charts as was Cathy's Clown. I think I touch briefly upon this era of my life in my book :)
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby stratobuddy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Katie is still off-line and will be for some time it seems. They keep telling her they have fixed the fault, but it still doesn't work. So she can't read these comments at the moment as she is back home now. :(
Alan in Plymouth, Devon, UK.

It's never too late to learn something new
stratobuddy
Megaposter

Postby stratobuddy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 am

Katie said she was born and brought up near the Dun Cow (a pub in the Old Kent Road) until the mid-1950's.
Alan in Plymouth, Devon, UK.

It's never too late to learn something new
stratobuddy
Megaposter

Postby Jan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:42 am

Thanks for that Alan. Yes - I know the Dun Cow :)

Small world isn't it whereby we both end up in Devon :?:
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby PAUL THE BULLDOG » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:32 pm

for the record the Dun Cow is no longer a pub, but a surgery :shock: i fear you'd never recognise the area now
MY WEBSITE: please have a look, register with me and come and say hello
http://paulthebulldog.webs.com/
ImageImageImageImage
PAUL THE BULLDOG
Megaposter

Postby Jan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:10 pm

I didn't recognise much of Lambeth Paul when I came up to see you in a charity event a year or so ago :cry: And to think I once worked around there when the new places (as they were then) were being built around the back of Lambeth Police Station.

London has changed dramatically and I don't think I would like to ride my bike all the way from Peckham down to Golders Green like I did as a child of 14 :D

The traffic would frighten the pants off me :shock:
Jan
Megaposter

Postby eternity » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 am

hi guys and girls just a bit of info from me that billy is very big in the eastend of london .me and mav went to a pub call the birdcage last night monday and to my great suprise when i did i never find another you the pub sang along with me i must say the sound system was brill so i sounded a bit better we had a great night what surprise me was the people saying how much they loved billy i must admit they were all around my age i did give it large on stage ie billys birthday i also did i will but they only had the slower verison so i still did it the billy way but had to addapt to it im so looking forward to mill hill i would like to be at the statue as well but thats me like moya i dont want to miss anything i spent to much time working instead of living my life im going to make up for lost time all my five children are grown up im going to be a granddad soon for the first time and im getting better with the computer regards to everyone my favourite saying is we loved billy then as we love him now and that will never change.billy fury fans are just awsome .
eternity

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am

That's just AWESOME Mike - I luv you already :razz: Rock On!
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Postby Jan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Moya. T.B.F.F.C. wrote:That's just AWESOME Mike - I luv you already :razz: Rock On!

You would definitely love him and Mav - Moya. :)

They are two wonderful and VERY special people. :)

Hope I get to hear Mike sing at some time as I'm sure he will be BrILLYIANT :)
Jan
Megaposter

Postby eternity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 am

thank you jan for your kind words its great how we all just click together hope you had a great easter ive got all the pics got to get cathy to put pics on computer for moya im very honest about my singing im not that good like rob paul bruce colin and others but if you like sixtys music im not that bad i love doing a few numbers and theres nothing to beat rock and roll i just love it .when im singing im back in sixtys .my son is allways taking the micky out of my hair saying why do you copy elvis and you need to take away the gray he knows im a billy fan so thats why he says elvis .i love elvis but i allways say elvis who.its all in good humour i think he is happy that im enjoying life and im so proud of him. mike roche x
eternity

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 am

[quote="eternityi allways say elvis who. mike roche x[/quote]

That's My Boy :lol:
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Postby cathy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:00 am

Lovely little stories Mike, you're one of life's little treasure's :wink: :razz: your persomallity shines in your writing, can't wait to meet up with you and Mavis again at Millhill, not long now :razz: ... xxx
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
cathy
Decamegaposter

Postby Jan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:26 am

Too right Cathy. :wink:

I love Mike's stories and he is so full of enthusiam and life itself. :)

It is a real pleasure to meet people like him and Mav and long may our friendships last. :)

There are some fantastic people on this MB aren't there :?:
Jan
Megaposter

Previous

Return to Welcome to new members