Hi Everyone

Moderators: Pierre, Moderators, Harry's Angels

Hi Everyone

Postby Fenton » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Just to introduce myself as a new member here. I've been a fan of Billy's since my teens, back in the 70's. I live in S.London and have seen some of Colin Gold's tribute shows in Croydon. I also perform some of Billy's songs at local karaoke events and OM nights. I'm hoping to get up to Blackpool for the Tribute event in November and hope to meet some other fans.
Fenton

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Katie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:01 am

Hi Fenton and a warm welcome here. For sure you will meet loads of Billy fans in Blackpool. They'll be here soon to say hello, we are a friendly lot :)
Forgiveness is a funny thing; it warms the heart, and cools the sting.
Katie
Megaposter

Postby cathy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:19 am

A warm welcome from me Fenton - I've seen Colin's show twice, liked it a bit better the 2nd time, I don't go to the Blackpool do's anymore, a bit too crowded for me (I like a seat lol) ... xxx

:welcomehere:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
cathy
Decamegaposter

Postby jenno1947 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Fenton welcome to our group. My wife and i will be at the Blackpool weekend with two of our friends,if you are on your own you will be welcome to join us.Let me know because its a bit of a mad house, people getting there early to save seats.
wilberforce be with you
jenno1947

Postby Jan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:01 pm

cathy wrote:A warm welcome from me Fenton - I've seen Colin's show twice, liked it a bit better the 2nd time, I don't go to the Blackpool do's anymore, a bit too crowded for me (I like a seat lol) ... xxx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby Jan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Fenton and welcome. :)

Does your name come from Shane Fenton :?:

South London is where I come from too. Not now though as I live in South Devon.

I grew up in Peckham but nearer to East Dulwich - not the bottom end of Peckham :)
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby Katie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Jan wrote:Hi Fenton and welcome. :)

I grew up in Peckham but nearer to East Dulwich - not the bottom end of Peckham :)

Oooh - the posh bit! You're not a pleb then Jan :lol: :lol: I lived near the bottom bit.
When I lived in Forest Hill my doctor was in Dulwich - a very long way to go if you weren't feeling well! :(
Katie
Megaposter

Postby Jan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 am

Katie wrote:

Oooh - the posh bit! You're not a pleb then Jan :lol: :lol: I lived near the bottom bit.
When I lived in Forest Hill my doctor was in Dulwich - a very long way to go if you weren't feeling well! :(

My adoptive mother always put East Dulwich in our address instead of Peckham Katie :lol:

We lived near to Goose Green and East Dulwich Road, Lordship Lane etc. I'm sure I put it in my book :???:

Perhaps you had forgotten :D
Jan
Megaposter

Postby Katie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 pm

I did read it some years ago now it's true. Both SE Londoners though Jan :) and now both naturalised Devonians
Katie
Megaposter

Postby Fenton » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:06 pm

cathy wrote:A warm welcome from me Fenton - I've seen Colin's show twice, liked it a bit better the 2nd time, I don't go to the Blackpool do's anymore, a bit too crowded for me (I like a seat lol) ... xxx

Thanks Cathy, looks like I won't make it to Blackpool either (it's currently sold-out and quite costly).
Fenton

Postby Fenton » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Jan wrote:
Katie wrote:

My adoptive mother always put East Dulwich in our address instead of Peckham Katie :lol:

We lived near to Goose Green and East Dulwich Road, Lordship Lane etc. I'm sure I put it in my book :???:

Perhaps you had forgotten :D

Thanks Jan, yes I probably did get it from Shane Fenton. I'm sure Devon beats Peckham, though I like E.Dulwich which has become a bit trendy.
:)
Fenton

Postby Fenton » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks to all for your Welcome messages.

Afraid I won't be making it to Blackpool, firstly the event is sold out and secondly, finances would not provide (as you have to be resident at the Grand Met) :( . For those familiar with S.London, I'm in W.Dulwlich (where I grew up).

Hope there will be other occassions to join you etc.

Regards

Roy (aka Fenton).
Fenton

Postby Pierre » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:08 am

Welcome aboard!
Tune in every Sunday!

8pm-10pm - http://www.radioharrow.org

Pierre Petrou
Radio Harrow
Watford Road
Harrow
HA1 3UJ
radio(at)pierrepetrou.com
Text: 07814 77 69 87
Pierre
Megaposter

Postby Jan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:28 am

As much as I love Devon, Fenton (Roy) - there is still a little bit of me that lives back in Peckham. I am sure it has now changed beyond all recognition :( but it was lovely when I was a growing up there as a child :)

Home life was awful but loved going to Friern Road School. Long walk up past Peckham Rye Park but loved walking in those days.

Used to walk all over the place, Camberwell Green up past Kings College Hospital and then on to Ruskin Park.

Don't start me off reminiscing.

I worked in Jones and Higgins which is long gone :( My uncle had a lino shop in Choumert Road :)

Some really nice memories though :)
Jan
Megaposter

Return to Welcome to new members