SUNNYSIDE It's all over now

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SUNNYSIDE It's all over now

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:11 am

Many Ta's Sloop. I had a good laff reading your report! Did I ever tell you I think you are a nutter??? But......Luvly with it! X
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:32 am

Moya. T.B.F.F.C. wrote:....can you please email me the piccy coz......I HATE TO MISS ANYTHING!!!!

Luv M x (suffering from sleep deprivation)!

Many Many Ta's 'Arry & Maureen for the pics. SO GLAD you got to Mill Hill. I'm SURE Billy 'feels the luv'. Nice to see the daffodils on Billy's resting place. I STILL think He should be in Liverpool - where he belongs. XXX
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Postby bispham2 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 am

Moya. T.B.F.F.C. wrote:Many Ta's Sloop. I had a good laff reading your report! Did I ever tell you I think you are a nutter??? But......Luvly with it! X

Yes I think you did actually.... several times... But I luv you anyway! :lol:

John xx
bispham2
Double Grand Poster

Postby cathy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 am

GREAT reports of such a GREAT weekend .. thanks to evertone for making it just perfect, the highlight had to be Jean being there after all those years when she was there at Billy's last performance, there wqas quite a few tears.

It was great meeting up with friends old and new, one word comes to mind .... AWESOME.

THANK YOU sooooo much Harry & Maureen for making It all so special ..

ROLL ON SUNNYSIDE 2011 :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
cathy
Decamegaposter

Postby Babs » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:11 am

Thankyou everyone for all the news, so glad you all had great time, only sorry Col and I were unabable to go this time.xx
Babs
Megaposter

Postby Michelle » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Sunnyside 2010 was a fantastic weekend, we thoroughly enjoyed it. A big thank you to Harry for organising the weekend and for letting me sing. Also, thanks to Rob Dee and Colin Paul for heling me out with my songs and set. It was great to meet so many friends and to make new friends too. All the singers and musicians did a fantastic job on the Friday and the Saturday night and another thank you to Vic England for driving up to Liverpool and back to bring Mrs Jean Wycherley along - it made the night even more special.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Michelle
xxx
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Michelle

Postby colinpaul » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi, i have to agree with everyone. this was something special. i personally would like to thank all the artiste who were involved. its you that made it special along with the many fans that turned up. Harry my friend we owe you so much. your a true gent and a star.well done on another fantastic event at the sunnyside. a big thanks to maureen too. chris eley and linda it was as always great to see you and i look forward to seeing you soon at mill hill. ken and cecilia it was great to catch up with you too. vic and jenny as always a pleasure to be in your company, and im excited about the afternoon in liverpool on billys birthday. i would also like to thank vic for driving to liverpool to bring along the wonderful jean wycherley. wasnt that special? mags and john cummings, as always great to see you both too. thanks to cathy homan and company for the raffles ect. brilliant job. sorry pierre,paul and roger couldnt make it. you were missed. a very special thank you to
jon stack [first act of the evening with his guitar and wonderful choice of songs] Creeping Bentgrass, [fun duo with a superb act]. Rob Dee, [a true professional and good friend..chris too] thanks also to rob for his great set/mc on the friday evening at the inkeepers lodge along with creeping bentgrass [what a great name]. Michelle Gibson, [brilliant job michelle. ps love your vertion of hurt] Geoff Howlett [brilliant musician/songwriter and a great act] Dean Hubert [fantastic voice and great choice of songs] Dave Jay (MC) [another great singer and fantastic mc for the evening] Snowy [great act with loads of confidence and loads of hair] Paul Ritchie [fantastic set of songs mate and a great voice too] Dave Wilcox [talented guy and good friend. keep up the great work] it was a real pleasure to catch up with Johnny Storme this weekend. although johnny didnt sing [unfortunatly] it great to have him in our company. [top rock 'n' roller and another true gent/professional] also a big thanks to singer/songwriter Steven Sinclair for entertaining us on the friday evening aong with some of the fore mentioned acts. what can i say about mark [little elvis] [glad you enjoyed the wkd mark and thanks for entertaining us as only you can. what a [little] guy] lol. so nice to see henri swindells paulines husband.[ you too made it special by your appearence] in honour of the lovely much missed pauline. a nice suprise was the appearence of laura and emily [sounding better than ever and i must say some of the best harmonies i have ever heared. well done girls and welcome back. you have been missed].a big thanks to kevin somerfield. i must at this point just say its great to see a lot of younger people [artiste/audience] at these events. these are the next generation of billy fury fans and i applaude them. a very special thanks to my band the persuaders. when we were asked to be part of this event i was over the moon, but the next step was to figure out what we would be playing. i didnt want to repeat many fury songs [ i know you wouldnt have minded] that had been done during the course of the evening. so without a set list i just played it by ear and shouted out to the guys what were were doing next. also after speaking with harry and deciding on a good set of rock n roll and every other song a few billy numbers. we couldnt lose. although i did repeat a few it was nice to include those numbers that hadnt been played today. my point being the billy fury songs are not the easiest songs to learn with so many chords and you have to remember that when billy performed them he had a full orchestra behind him. so congratulations to the persuaders...
[joe peden - guitar. chris evans - bass. dave lea - keyboards and peter thomas drums. for a great true sound. i think the highlight for me was when i invited jean up to sing a duet on in thoughts of you. she kindly agreed. [happy birthday for yesterday jean from all of us x] when she started to sing i just left her to it. as i said on the night. we now know where billy got his voice from. fantastic. it was only fitting that i dedicated 'thats alright mama' to her as billy did when they were both last here. we dedicated a song [helpless] for billys brother albie, as he was unable to make it due to ill health. get well soon albie. we miss you. it was decided that the last song [almost the last song] should be halfway to paradise and rightly so. the whole audience and acts were sing along. it was great to see and hear. as the evening came to a close we decided to do a little more. it was a great couple of days and i truly hope we can do this again.
i think as with many billy fury events this is where friends for life are made.
thank you all.

ps... if i have missed anybody i am truly sorry and i thank you now.
colinpaul

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Well said Colin! You are a star. XXX
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Postby Jan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Just want to echo all of what has been said on here about the weekend and the people who helped to make it special.

Harry and Maureen - thank you so much for everything you did - we know it was hard work and probably not worth the hassle at times, but it was so very much appreciated. We just can't let this special event die - we just can't.

For me the weekend was fantastic - a great chance to meet up with people that I have only met briefly in the past. A time to catch up with new people who will remain friends for always.

I was truly on a nostalgic trip and shed many tears of happiness over the weekend.

All the performers were magical and Michelle has a cracking voice. I'm waiting for Stratobuddy to download the Saturday night performers just to show my Mike and a couple of my friends of how great the event was.

I truly salute everyone and look forward to 2011 :?: :!: :D
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby Jan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Just read John's report and I do so love that photo of him and David with their wigs on - lol :D :D :D

Think you had better ask Kevin what happened to his wig :wink: Suffice to say - he ain't sticking it back on his head EVER again :!: :!: :!:

FOC I'm cracking up here :D :D :D Cathy and Jean will too when they read this but I don't think Kevin will bless him :lol: :lol:

It was lovely having a dance with you and David - but such a pity you had to get back to Miss Franny and Jeannie :razz: Mind you I can't keep it up like I used to :oops: The dancing I mean :wink:

Sorry I can't mention all the lovely people I met as there were so many of you. But I know we'll meet again SOME SUNNY DAY - lol :lol: :D xxx
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby Dave Wilcox » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:19 pm

I'd like to thank Harry for inviting me to sing at Sunnyside this year, i apologise for the nerves, but having only 15months of singing experience from scratch, it really was my very first time in front of an audiance of any amount, but i felt so welcomed by everybody that i enjoyed it tremendously, and will hopefully gain more confidence as time goes on,
having said that it was a fantastic night all round and thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone from Billy Fury.com what a fantastic bunch of people and an honour to be around!
Best wishes to all who made the night a memorable one and i take my hat off to Dave Jay who stepped in to compare minutes before the start of the show, well done to him!
and well done everyone else!
Hope to see you all again pretty soon
Dave Wilcox

Postby steven sinclair » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:01 am

wow!!! what a great weekend!! they seem to get better each year!!!! i would like to wish everybody,that went,all the singers (both nights) all the hard work that our Harry and his dear wife!!! and all those that have helped to make this such a wonderful event.everything that could be possibly said has already been said!!!!!,its a shame that some could not get there!!!,i hope to see them next time!!!!!!!!!,and all thats left to say is THANKS!!!!!
steven sinclair
Double Grand Poster

Postby pat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:40 pm

WHAT GREAT REPORTS FROM ALL OF YOU IM SO SORRY I COULDENT MAKE I DO HOPE THAT THIS ONE WILL NOT BE THE LAST ONE
BUT I DO UNDERSTAND HOW HARD WORK IT ALL IS WELL DO TO ALL INVOLD
pat

Postby kevin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Jan wrote:Just read John's report and I do so love that photo of him and David with their wigs on - lol :D :D :D

Think you had better ask Kevin what happened to his wig :wink: Suffice to say - he ain't sticking it back on his head EVER again :!: :!: :!:

FOC I'm cracking up here :D :D :D Cathy and Jean will too when they read this but I don't think Kevin will bless him :lol: :lol:

It was lovely having a dance with you and David - but such a pity you had to get back to Miss Franny and Jeannie :razz: Mind you I can't keep it up like I used to :oops: The dancing I mean :wink:

Sorry I can't mention all the lovely people I met as there were so many of you. But I know we'll meet again SOME SUNNY DAY - lol :lol: :D xxx

I thought it only right for Cathy to take it home as a trophy!
Every time I see someone wearing a rug in future I will be thinking of ....... never mind!
Kevin
kevin
Grand Poster

Postby kevin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:24 pm

A fantastic report from Colin Paul - a true artist and gentleman!

Thank you Colin for your kind words re Laura & Emily.
They put everything together themselves with no imput whatsoever from me.
All I did was piece together the backing track.
Kevin
kevin
Grand Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Sunnyside 2010