And at the Sunnyside...

March 16-17. We just had to do it again, didn't we?

Moderator: Moderators

Re: And at the Sunnyside...

Postby snowy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:51 am

Well what a fabulous Sunnyside...again!!! it's always great to meet up with everyone and the standard of performance was excellent as usual...what a talented lot we are...lol
Dave Jay kicked it off in his easy relaxed style...and then the music and the talent rolled thick and fast...everyone was so good must say that the 'New face' Alan Wilcox was superb and several of us 'maturer' performers were heartily sick...lol my performance was a little more subdued than usual :razz: ...and included a lovely song which i sang in Japanese..'Sukiyaki' nice to see everyone knew the words and sang along with me.
I can't remember what everyone sang but i loved it all...Laura and Emily sweet as ever..loved the "Ahhh" Emily lol .and Janes vibrant yellow dress was a knockout.. :shock:
The headlining act was again the ever young and ever professional Johnny Red...a great talent indeed!
And then the finale...a mass rendition of 'Halfway to paradise' had everyone on the floor holding hands and singing out loud and proud for our dear Billy!
A fine raffle and auction along with the resourceful Cathy selling pieces of Billy Fury Way ribbon helped to push the weekends charity funds well up.
A big hand to all the people who worked hard to make this another top Billy event...and a 'Sell out' it was too!!
Can't wait for next year!!!! :PDT_15: Snowy.
snowy

Postby snowy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:52 am

And thank you for the birthday wishes...and drinks!!
snowy

Postby eternity » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 am

hi guys and gals just a big thank you to harry and maureen for all the work this do must intail a truely brilliant weekend great talent on show but more important is the friends i have meet though my love of billy furys music,we all just seem to click the jam night is was so good you would be happy with just that but then you get the main event 8 hours of brilliant music the time just flys by i love every minute i hope this event is repeated every year gives all the billy fury fans a chance to link up but i also know it must be hard work for harry i am keeping my fingers crossed mike .x
eternity

Postby steven sinclair » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Wow Wow and Wow!!!, ithink it will take a small miracle to trump this years event!!!!!!,so much effort,and dedication by everybody to make this years show the success that it was.i would of liked to of met Tony and others that just could not get there,but hey!!!!,perfection of that calibre is very very rare!!!,maybe next time!!!,that would really be a blast if everybody could get there!!!.(might not be enough space left though for the public) :lol: :lol: :lol: .Im not going to comment on anybodies singing,as there aren,t enough superblatives to describe it.just say fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................Steve. P S you could say it was a "Wonderous Place"
steven sinclair
Double Grand Poster

Postby maureen » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 pm

It was lovely seeing you all again at the Sunnyside - it was a really great weekend with so much fantastic music.
Thank you very much for the lovely plant arrangement. :flower: Maureen
maureen

Previous

Return to Sunnyside 12